I totally guessed and made up what I thought might be Steve's email address. I sent the following email on Wednesday morning and then held my breath, whispering many little prayers (most were just the word "please"). I also emailed others on the Holt staff:
Hello Steve,
You do not know me. We are adopting a 19 month old little girl named Hanna, a waiting child with one of VCT's foster families through Holt. This morning, VCT posted on Facebook:
We are very happy to have Steve Kalb from HOLT today & tomorrow at VCT
Do you think it will be possible for you to take any video of Hanna or pictures of VCT that you can share with us???? As I'm sure you know, anything you can share with us will be treasured! Totally understand if you are not able.
Merry Christmas to you!
I got the following from Dean, the India program director:
I have no idea of whether he even has a camera. But I can ask him. Another thought… Steve has a very short visit to VCT and his time is tightly booked. Hanna is staying with a foster family. The foster families don’t have personal vehicles, so I do not know if VCT could ask foster family to break routines and come to VCT. VCT usually has to send their vehicle for that, but it may already be booked.
Then I got proof the email I used for Steve worked AND he had access to email while at VCT AND checked his email in time to get my note!!!!
Hello,
I'd be happy to get some pics and vids for you. I will definately have some time to get those. I'll send you an email link to the photos as soon as I get them uploaded.
Steve
And again, I waited with bated breath and prayers. With what Dean had said, I was trying hard to not get my heart set on them until I actually received something. I knew it was going to be totally up to God :)

This is a note from me:
This was his response:
3 comments:
Isn't she just beautiful!!! I can't imagine the joy you must be feeling right now. What an awesome blessing!
What a true blessing for this to have worked out! She is beautiful. :)
When we waited for Nathan we were so thankful for the families that would take pics and send them to us.
Continuing to pray that paperwork goes through quickly.
How awesome is that. She looks just precious. What a gift!
Post a Comment