Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Further Explanation of the Remaining Process

Our Sunshine is 19 months old now. All of our paperwork arrived in India on 11/2/10. However, a few more hoops have to be jumped through before the Indian court process can be started. We received our I800 approval from USCIS on Dec. 2nd. We turned in our DS230 to Holt today. Holt will then add their cover letter and email the whole thing to VCT. VCT will print the documents, add visa photos of Hannah and courier the packet to the US Consulate in Delhi. The Consulate will then review our file and issue the Article 5 Notice. It has been taking the Consulate 4-6 weeks to issue the Article 5 Notice after receiving the I-800 Provisional Approval and DS230 forms. We are praying they move especially quickly at this step so we can get our Article 5 before they shut down for the Christmas holiday.

Once the Consulate gives their approval and issues the Article 5 Notice, it will be sent to CARA (one of India's government departments- Central Adoption Resources Agency). CARA will review our case and issue their NOC (No Objection Certificate) after receiving the Article 5 Notice. It usually takes CARA 4-6 weeks to issue the NOC. When received, VCT will be able to have our case filed in the Bangalore Family Court. There will be a series of court cases (usually about 4 once a month, I believe) and then we will travel to pick up our Sunshine!

***Update***

From our caseworker at Holt:
I received your DS230 forms, thanks. I’ve added my own cover letter with a copy of your I-800 Provisional Approval and emailed everything to VCT.

1 comment:

Chris Haven said...

awesome. We also had all our stuff emailed to Bulgaria today. Hoping we both hear some good news before Christmas