Hello Everyone!
I know this post is SUPER late, but things happened so fast, I just couldn't get to the blog. So here is our story for the last month:
Wednesday, August 4th: The kids and I went to the park with my friend Emily and her boys and then came home in time to put the kids down for naps. After I put the kids down, I fixed myself a lunch and got on the computer to check email. I had no idea I was entering a life-changing moment :) I had a very short note from Holt's waiting child program director. She was asking if we would by any chance be interested in a little girl in India. India?! Yep, India :) She very briefly outlined some very concerning medical needs. I called Philip and asked what he thought. We decided we couldn't really know what to do without requesting to view her medical paperwork, which we did. They sent everything that day that they had, but it was all old. But what we saw was very promising. In fact the things most concerning (heart defects) were already healed! We requested updated medicals. And then waited with bated breath.
Tuesday, August 17- The kids and I went to Fondulac Farm Park with Ruth and her girls, came home, and got the email with all of our baby girl's updated medical paperwork.
Wednesday, August 18th- We sent all her medical paperwork and video to the University of Minnesota's International Adoption Clinic for evaluation. They asked for certain information from India.
Monday, August 23rd- Received answers from India and forwarded them on to U of M. At 10PM (the adoption clinic is amazing!), they requested more information from India. However, we did not receive that until the next morning on the 24th. So, Philip and I had the evening to talk together after I got home from Biblestudy. He was feeling very confident we needed to proceed with this little girl despite the unknowns regarding her health. I told him I felt a very strong command when I read the note from India with their last answers, "Done. Now go get her." We talked about how we felt the Lord's leading over the last few weeks and how He had been speaking to our hearts. The day (August 4) Holt "introduced" us to this precious girl, I was outside on our deck talking to my friend Ruth and telling her about this little Indian Girl. I looked up in the sky and there was a brilliant rainbow across the sky with perfect weather. I started crying and saying, "There's a rainbow, Ruth!" I'll never forget hearing her say, "God's promises, Girlie. God's promises!" Then later, I was talking with Philip one evening before falling asleep and telling him I'd decided I for sure wanted to change her name if we bring her home. He quietly listened but didn't say much. The next day (August 17th) is when we got her latest medical info and it took me to my knees crying. Our little girl had been diagnosed with microcephaly and her head circumference measurements put her in the 50% for significant mental retardation. But I didn't feel like the question was whether we would keep her. I more felt devastated to find out my child had been diagnosed with microcephaly. I told Philip that was when I knew she would remain and always be "Hannah." Our little girl may have to really struggle hard in life. There is no better reminder of God's love and faithfullness to her on a daily basis than the name Hannah.
Tuesday, August 24th- We decided to forego asking India any more questions and formally request Hannah to be ours. I filled out a lengthy questionairre, went through an interview with the waiting child director, and then was told Holt was officially granting us her file! Oh happy day!!! That poor director had to listen on the phone as I did a celebratory dance and shouting as it started sinking in- she was ours!!! She laughed and seemed just as excited for us :)
What now you ask? Well, I have to throw together a whole new dossier for India. I am determined to get it done in record time and have gotten a good start on compiling it so far! That should explain the new family pictures you've been seeing on Facebook :) On Tuesday, all five of us will get our physical exams done to prove we are healthy. On Thursday, we will have our new caseworker from Family Core (previously known as Counseling and Family Services) do a homevisit so she can update our homestudy. Once she gets that all rewritten, we can send it and the I800A- Supplement 3 in to USCIS (Immigration) to change our country. After we get their approval and get the whole dossier apostilled in Springfield, we can send it to India. Then it will take between 4 and 9 months (depending on which judge gets assigned her case) for India to approve. Then we will fly to India and bring her home!!!
Thank you to all who have helped get us to this point. The words seem so small next to the sentiment behind them. Prayer Warriors, you are treasured. Please continue to lift us up and our little Hannah too to help bring her home quickly and that she remain safe and healthy in the meantime. Thank you, everyone! And we look forward to when we can introduce her to you in person!
EXPANDED FOCUS FELLOWSHIP! With Jen Walbridge
9 years ago
4 comments:
Oh, Charisa, I'm soo happy for you guys! God is AMAZING! I can't wait to meet Hannah! :)
Wow. Can't wait to meet Hannah! Let me know if I can do anything to help with your paperwork. I'm pretty experienced. :o) For this child you prayed....and pray...
This post brings tears. I can hear the Lord leading you as I read. :) Praying for your family and will be excited to meet Hannah.
We are so thankful and happy for you! This is very exciting! We will pray for your Dossier to come together quickly!
Love, Julie and Family
Post a Comment