Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Homestudy Headed to Springfield!

Hello Everyone!

As you know, we've been frantically trying to complete all of our paperwork in order to bring Hannah home as soon as possible. The homestudy was completed last night and will be sent to Mary in Springfield for DCFS' approval (we are the only state that requires this step). Upon Mary's approval, then it will go to USCIS (Immigration) with our I800A- Supplement 3 form to officially change our country and request Hannah.

While we wait on Mary, all I have left to get done is a Property Statement created by a realtor and get a whole stack of completed forms notarized in order to complete our dossier! I will then need to trek down to Springfield to have the whole thing apostilled. Once I get USCIS' approval, the entire dossier can go to India.

I have also learned that on top of a dossier, India also requires a whole packet of materials called an "Assignment Packet" after they give you a referral. Of course, there is usually a space of several months time between when you submit your dossier and when you get your referral when you can be working on the Assignment Packet. However, we found out Thursday that since we're already matched with Hannah, that packet must be completed within 2 weeks! So, I have been working to complete these forms as well. Thankfully, they have given me an extension for the video and scrapbook I must create :)

For now, we are celebrating the homestudy submission to Mary :) Thank you all for your prayers and words of encouragement. They have been treasured!

No comments: