While in Texas over Christmas, we received news we've been very anxious to hear. At least one healthy young child was referred to the U.S. from Bulgaria. I'm still waiting official word, but I believe there was actually more than one. That is HUGE news! That means that the line that we have been in since this past June is actually starting to move. And I also believe the families that received their referrals had been waiting nearly 18 months to the day. With this in mind, it makes me think that maybe by the end of this year, we will be meeting our daughter. Do you have goosebumps after reading that? I do! Anyway, so I expect 2010 to be a year of just waiting.
I know myself. While I am super excited with this new development, next week I foresee myself in tears at how long this year could drag out with the wait. God reminded me of my study by Beth Moore of Esther and one particular lesson about waiting. I will be meditating on it many times this year and thought I would share it with you as well.
The study is taken from Esther 5:1-8. She teaches on the importance of knowing when it is time; when it is time to wait; when it is time to wait for someone else's time; and when the meantime is God's time. It was this last point that really struck me. During this long "meantime," God is at work. Something IS happening. More importantly, my strength will deplete if I wait on this adoption. Have you ever experienced just how exhausting waiting can be? On a medical test result? News from a family member? The list goes on and on. Emotional turmoil during the wait completely drains us. However, God will make the complete opposite to happen. He will renew my strength IF I wait upon the LORD. He promises us this in Isaiah 40:28-31:
28Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth
Does not become weary or tired
His understanding is inscrutable.
29He gives strength to the weary,
And to him who lacks might He increases power.
30Though youths grow weary and tired,
And vigorous young men stumble badly,
31Yet those who wait for the LORD
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.
"We are not the fragile flowers we've considered ourselves to be. We, like Esther, are the warrior princesses of God." ~ Beth Moore
EXPANDED FOCUS FELLOWSHIP! With Jen Walbridge
9 years ago
3 comments:
I love that scripture! I have been meditating on the same verses this last couple of weeks. May you have grace and peace in the waiting.
I got the goosebumps! :-)
Do you know "Everlasting God"? My favorite version is sung by Lincoln Brewster. It is based on this scripture. It's great and might help you just a wee bit during through this wait!
Lori
I love Beth Moore studies, too. "And when to know if the meantime is God's time." So simple, yet so profound. I just wrote about trust on Gloriadelia. Maybe it would encourage you. Here's the link: http://gloriadelia.wordpress.com/2010/01/27/jump/
It's called, "Jump!!!!!"
May you feel the breeze in your face and the strength of your wings as you wait on Him. Gloris
Post a Comment