

I have received a few questions from those who have noticed Holt placed a notice on their website stating they are not taking any new applicants for their Bulgarian program. Following is a portion from a note we just received to explain:
"First, in case you haven't already noticed from the website we are no longer accepting new families into the Bulgaria at this time. I wanted families currently in the program to be aware of this. The reason is not anything new to you. As you all know Holt re-opened the Bulgaria Program and there have been uncertainties from the beginning. Because we're still unclear as to time frames and ages of children, and we've been told it will be 18-24 months from the time the dossier arrives to Bulgaria to the time of referral, we are feeling like it would be good to get a better sense of how realistic these time frames are before bringing any more families into the process. We also would like to get a better sense of the profile of child and just how young children will be referred.....Even though we aren't certain how young children will be available in Bulgaria , we do know the children will be at the youngest 3 years."
EXPANDED FOCUS FELLOWSHIP! With Jen Walbridge
9 years ago
3 comments:
Your kids are really cute!! Does that news make you in the least bit worried? I know we are both at the same exact spot in our adoption (close to registration) and we are both looking to adopt young girls. I also know we both have very reputable agencies but I was thinking in the back of my mind are they telling us everything??? I would be interested to read your thoughts if you feel like sharing, my email amierx@aol.com
kind of scares me too, to read that. I admire them though for being honest saying they don't want to add more families if what they saying doesn't end up being true (referrals within 18-24 months). Keep us posted , i don't hear much from my agency. Thanks
We were actually in an Azerbaijan program previous to this with a different agency. That didn't work out. Just after we made the painful decision to pull out, Russia invaded Georgia (where all of our paperwork, etc. would have been dealt with). We were able to clearly see God's hand of protection over our family. Although we didn't like the delay it caused in bringing a little girl home, we can now see how much better we are for it. So, at this point, I have a complete peace that He is still guiding and protecting us. I guess I am just waiting and watching. I'm waiting to see what their elections this summer do for adoptions. If the situation turns "bad," we'll deal with it then. For now, I don't know anything truly "bad" yet and am not going to spend time thinking about it yet. In the meantime, I have a "boot camp" to run :)
Post a Comment