Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Copy of Letter Received

See anything wrong with the picture below???
Ian decided to join their bath- fully dressed- and brought a towel with him!!!


I received a copy of the letter from Dr. Bauernfeind to Holt. Holt has yet to receive it. But I thought I would share with you what Dr. Bauernfeind wrote:

To Whom It May Concern:

I write regarding the cardiac condition of my patient, Mrs. Charisa Ausfahl.

Mrs. Ausfahl first came to my care on July 3, 2007, after she presented with sensations of rapid heart beating, with near loss of consciousness. She was 28 weeks pregnant at the time. She was found to have repeated attacks of rapid heart beating coming from the top part of her heart (paroxysmal atrial tachycardia). There was no evidence of structural heart disease. The attacks continued for most of the month. They eventually come under control with a major medication used to treat abnormal rapid heart beating (Flecainide).

After Mrs. Ausfahl delivered her baby, I was able to stop Flecainide. She has not had further trouble. I believe that her pregnancy contributed to her attacks of rapid heart beating in 2007. I have recommended that she not become pregnant again.

Paroxysmal atrial tachycardia is not considered to be life-threatening. It should not shorten Mrs. Ausfahl's life expectency.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Sincerely,
Robert A Bauernfeind, M.D.,
Cardiologist/ Cardiac Electrophysiologist

No comments: