Thursday, May 6, 2010

AWANA Story

From Lisa Howard, an AWANA teacher:
I did a lesson with the sparks at AWANA a couple weeks ago about the widows mite. Each child got 2-4 pennies before the lesson. After the lesson each child was asked to donate at least 2 pennies back to the penny jar to go to your fundraiser. They were also encouraged to give all they had if they had more. Most of the children willingly gave their pennies back. I told them I would donate that money to your garage sale and triple it. They were so excited and proud at what they had done. At the end, one of the little boys walked over to me and handed me a dollar to add to our collection because he wanted to help bring your new child home.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Awwww...gave me chills! Thank you for sharing!